22 March 2010

Goddess of .. Where will I be in 10 years ?

I've been tagged, by the wonderful Oughtasay, to answer that specific question.

Where do I see myself in 10 years ?

Ten years from now, I'll be 34 y/o.. soon to be 35.

That is such a scary thought for me right now. I don't even know where I see myself in 2 weeks. Honestly, there are SO many uncertainties in my life right now that I can only project where I want to be .. whether or not it's actually realistic, is another question.

First and foremost, I want to have a job that makes me happy. I'd like to be a successful lawyer who still has time for her friends and family. I'd like to be working in the Work Relations department, for either an important worker's union or a big company. Oh, and I'd like to look damn hot doing it, yes, please and thank you !

Also, I'd like to be in a fun, loving and commited relationship. Hopefully, I will be with someone who brings out the best in me and always pushes me to achieve more (whether it be at work, or getting in shape, etc.). I want to make that person really happy and always keep them interested and challenged.

As for the material things, I'd love to own a condo or a house in one of my favorite neighborhoods of the City. Someplace near all the beautiful little markets and coffeeshops. Maybe drive a bmw 'cuz I've always had a thing for beemers. I'd like to have one (or more) dogs, to give them a fun life with lots of exercise ! 

When it comes to children, it will simply depend on where my relationship is at. Obviously, I don't think I would be ready to have children with someone I haven't known for a long time. I could see myself starting to pop babies when I'm around 30 y/o .. so maybe one to two kids by the time I'm 35. But it's not a race .. all in good time :o)

I'd love to be close to my girlfriends. I know Violet and I always joke about living close-by and sipping on gin tonics while our kids have a playdate.. so we'll see what the future holds. That'd be nice !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know so many women who thought just like you about waiting until they were "in their 30's" to conceive. Statistics say you are 50% less fertile at 35 than at 25. So hard for so many women nowadays because they keep holding out for the perfect guy, then, it's too late. Of course there's always adoption, which is on the increase for these very reasons. PS. Alessandro sounds nice. A caution: the Portuguese culture can be very patriarchal. Jus sayin'.

Sarah said...

I just realized that in 10 years I will be almost 39. I am about to cry!

PS- I'd rather not have kids or adopt than have one with the wrong guy.

Anonymous said...

A wise friend once told me, "When you make plans, life laughs at them." That being said, I hope that whatever DOES happen- you're happy and fabulous and keepin' the gin and tonics flowing! ;)

http://snafuliving.blogspot.com/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sounds like you are gonna have one amazing life lady!

bananas. said...

i absolutely loathe that question and yet i seem to get asked it all the time (mostly in interviews and crap). i think your list is a good one.

Andhari said...

That's gonna be an amazing life, hope you achieve all those goals. I like BMW too :D I thought I wanna have a pink bentley like Kim Kardashian but that might be pushing it :p